This product was formerly named Nanotrap® Magnetic Virus Particles.
Nanotrap® Microbiome Particles
Nanotrap Microbiome Particles rapidly concentrate microbes from many sample types, eliminating the need for filtration, centrifugation or bead-beating.
Large-scale wastewater surveillance can be used to help communities monitor infection dynamics for SARS-CoV-2 and other microbes of concern. Robust, high-throughput methods based on Nanotrap Microbiome Particles are enabling widespread implementation.
- Nanotrap particles utilize affinity capture and enrichment to attract and bind low abundance viruses.
- Methods developed for clinical swab samples, saliva, urine, wastewater and blackwater.
- Compatible with PCR, sequencing or immunoassay analysis methods.
- Enables simple, rapid automated or manual methods for preparing wastewater samples for nucleic acid extraction, without filtration, centrifugation or bead-beating.
- Successfully utilized in high-complexity and point-of-care RT-PCR assays with FDA Emergency Use Authorization for COVID-19.
- Nanotrap particles do not utilize antibodies or other biomolecules as affinity molecules, which means extended room temperature stability.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Nanotrap Microbiome A Particles
The Nanotrap Microbiome A Particles have a broad affinity for a wide range of microbes and can capture and concentrate influenza A, influenza B, respiratory syncytial virus, coronavirus 229E, coronavirus OC43, SARS-CoV-2, Zika virus, Chikungunya virus, dengue virus, pepper mild mottle virus, hepatitis A virus and monkeypox virus.
Nanotrap Microbiome B Particles
The Nanotrap Microbiome B Particles have been demonstrated to capture and concentrate a wide range of microbes, including Escherichia coli, Salmonella enterica, Campylobacter jejuni, Listeria monocytogenes, Clostridioides difficile and crASSphage.
Nanotrap Enhancement Reagents
Nanotrap Microbiome Particles rapidly capture and concentrate microbes from raw sewage requiring no filtration or centrifugation. Using Nanotrap Enhancement Reagents with the Nanotrap particles improves the binding of microbes in these samples, further improving downstream detection of nucleic acids. Automated and manual methods are available.
A growing list of microbes have been captured and concentrated with the Nanotrap Microbiome Particles. If you don’t see the microbe of interest on this list, please contact us to discuss your application.
- Nanotrap Microbiome Particles are designed to capture and concentrate a variety of microbes.
- Nanotrap Microbiome Particles offer a simple and rapid approach for concentration of SARS-CoV-2 or other microbes from large volume wastewater samples.
- Nanotrap Microbiome Particles utilize affinity capture and enrichment technology to bind low abundance targets.
- Wastewater processing protocols are available for manual or automated workflows.
- Improve microbe detection in wastewater samples by at least 1-2 Ct values using Nanotrap Enhancement Reagents with Nanotrap Microbiome Particles.
- Convenient workflow: add to your wastewater sample at the same time as Nanotrap Particles or add to your wastewater samples up to 18 hours before you add Nanotrap Particles.
- No negative impact on recovery of controls.
- Increase sensitivity of existing SARS-CoV-2 assay by capturing and concentrating whole virus.
- Compatible with RT-qPCR, RT-ddPCR, RT-dPCR, and sequencing-based analysis methods.
- Use without the need to filter the raw wastewater samples.
- Process samples faster than other methods, such as PEG precipitation or ultracentrifugation.
- Improve Ct values by at least 1-2 cycles in wastewater samples when used with Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent.
- Nanotrap Microbiome Particles enable rapid and simple automated or manual methods for preparing wastewater samples for nucleic acid extraction.
- Replace filtration, centrifugation and bead-beating methods, without sacrificing assay sensitivity.
- Improve results by another 1-2 Ct values by incorporating a Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent.
- An automated method using Nanotrap Microbiome Particles can concentrate microbes from 24 wastewater samples in a 40-minute run, resulting in substantial throughput improvements.
- Manual and automated protocols available for use with a wide range of nucleic acid extraction kits.
- Supported by the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
Nanotrap Microbiome Particles Wastewater Extraction Kit Compatibility
Extraction Kit Vendor Name
Extraction Kit Product Name
Extraction Kit SKU
Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent Compatibility
Nanotrap Particle Manual Protocol
Nanotrap Particle KingFisher System Automated Protocol
MagMax™ Microbiome Ultra Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit
MagMax™ Viral/Pathogen Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit
MagMax™ Viral/Pathogen II (MVP II) Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit
NucleoMag® DNA/RNA Water Kit for water and air samples
ZymoBIOMICS MagBead DNA/RNA
Maxwell® HT Environmental TNA Kit, Custom
MagAttract® Viral RNA Kit (960)
QIAamp® Viral RNA Mini Kit (250)
AllPrep® PowerViral® DNA/RNA Kit (50)
Water DNA/RNA Magnetic Bead Kit
Processing Method Comparison: Traditional Processing vs. High Throughput Processing:
Traditional Wastewater Processing Method
Traditional methods for processing virus from wastewater samples require multiple time-consuming and laborious steps which severely limit throughput.
High-Throughput Wastewater Processing Method with Nanotrap® Particles
Nanotrap Microbiome Particles rapidly capture and concentrate viruses from raw sewage, requiring no filtration or ultracentrifugation. Automated and manual methods available.
Automated method enables 96 raw sewage samples to be processed in 4.5 h (concentration to RT-qPCR detection/quantification), reducing the processing time by at least 20-fold.
|Nanotrap Microbiome A Particles 10 mL Vial||250068|
|Nanotrap Microbiome A Particles 30 mL Vial||250069|
|Nanotrap Microbiome B Particles 10 mL Vial||250075|
|Nanotrap Microbiome B Particles 30 mL Vial||250076|
|Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent 1 (ER1) 10 mL||250070|
|Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent 2 (ER2) 10 mL||250071|
|Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent 3 (ER3) 10 mL||250077|
|Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent 1 (ER1) 30 mL||250072|
|Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent 2 (ER2) 30 mL||250073|
|Nanotrap Enhancement Reagent 3 (ER3) 30 mL||250078|
Order Nanotrap Microbiome Particles today
International customers find a distributor
Wastewater Manual Protocol
Wastewater Auto Protocol
- Manual Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using QIAGEN AllPrep® PowerViral® DNA-RNA Kit
- Manual Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using QIAGEN QIAamp® Viral RNA Mini Kit
- Automated Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using QIAGEN MagAttract® Viral RNA Kit
- Manual Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using NucleoMag Kit
- Automated Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using NucleoMag Kit
- Manual Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using IDEXX Water DNA-RNA Magnetic Bead Kit
- Automated Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using IDEXX Water DNA-RNA Magnetic Bead Kit
- Manual Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using MagMAX Kits
- Automated Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using MagMAX Kits
- Manual Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using Promega Maxwell® HT Environmental TNA Kit
- Automated Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using Promega Maxwell® HT Environmental TNA Kit
- Manual Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using ZymoBIOMICS® MagBead DNA-RNA Kit
- Automated Nanotrap® Wastewater Protocol using ZymoBIOMICS® MagBead DNA-RNA Kit
Molecular Diagnostics (MDx) are the tests and techniques that have been developed in recent decades that analyze biological markers such as nucleic acids and proteins, to diagnose and monitor disease, detect disease risks and to monitor the effectiveness of treatments. MDx assays are used in prenatal testing, infectious disease testing, cancer and inherited diseases testing.
ARM-D Kit, β-Lactamase
The Streck ARM-D Kit, β-Lactamase is a multiplex real-time PCR kit for the rapid detection of antibiotic resistance genes in Gram…
ARM-D Kit, ampC
The Streck ARM-D Kit, ampC is a multiplex real-time PCR kit for the rapid detection of antibiotic resistance genes in Gram-negativ…
ARM-D Kit, OXA
The Streck ARM-D Kit, OXA is a multiplex real-time PCR kit for the rapid detection of antibiotic resistance genes in Gram-negative…